What to expect with amblyopia:
- Amblyopia can be cured if it is detected early and treated during childhood.
- Amblyopia may not improve if treatment is delayed until after 12 years of age.
Continue to Amblyopia Complications
- Bacal DA. Amblyopia treatment studies. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2004 Oct;15(5):432-6. 
- Powell C, Porooshani H, Bohorquez M, Richardson S. Screening for amblyopia in childhood. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005 Jul 20;(3):CD005020. 
- Simons K. Amblyopia characterization, treatment, and prophylaxis. Surv Ophthalmol. 2005 Mar-Apr;50(2):123-66. 
- Thompson G. Common childhood eye problems. Practitioner. 2004 Jan;248(1654):46-52.