Alpha Thalassemia Incidence
Facts about thalassemia:
- About 1 out of 25,000 infants in the US are born with thalassemia.
- Thalassemia is more common in those of Mediterranean origin, as well as Asians and blacks.
Continue to Alpha Thalassemia Symptoms
- Cohen AR, Galanello R, Pennell DJ, Cunningham MJ, Vichinsky E. Thalassemia. Hematology (Am Soc Hematol Educ Program). 2004;:14-34. 
- Gu X, Zeng Y. A review of the molecular diagnosis of thalassemia. Hematology. 2002 Aug;7(4):203-9. 
- Mohammadian S, Bazrafshan HR, Sadeghi-Nejad A. Endocrine gland abnormalities in thalassemia major: a brief review. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Sep;16(7):957-64.