Alopecia Areata Home Care
- Avoid scratching the scalp.
- Control itching with an oral antihistamine:
- Avoid medications that cause hair loss.
- Talk to your doctor about your medications.
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
Alopecia Areata Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have alopecia areata and any of the following:
Continue to Alopecia Areata Outlook
- Lenane P, Pope E, Krafchik B. Congenital alopecia areata. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2005 Feb;52(2 Suppl 1):8-11. 
- Rainforth SI. Historical diagnostic and treatment. Alopecia areata. Skinmed. 2005 Jan-Feb;4(1):5. 
- Sladden MJ, MacDonald Hull SP, Wood ML, Hutchinson PE, Messenger AG. Alopecia areata: the need for guidelines and evidence-based dermatology. Br J Dermatol. 2005 May;152(5):1086-7.