Allergy to Iodine Hives
- Avoid scratching: this can cause infection.
- Take prescription medications as directed.
- Apply 1% hydrocortisone cream to the area, such as Cortizone 10 or Cortaid.
- Try nonprescription antihistamines, such as diphenhydramine.
- Use cold compresses to soothe the itching and swelling.
- Wash your skin with a gentle soap.
Continue to Allergy to Iodine Itching
PubMed Allergy to Iodine References
- Cunha BA. Antibiotic selection in the penicillin-allergic patient. Med Clin North Am. 2006 Nov;90(6):1257-64. 
- Greenberger PA. Drug allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006 Feb;117(2 Suppl Mini-Primer):S464-70. 
- Segal AR, Doherty KM, Leggott J, Zlotoff B. Cutaneous reactions to drugs in children. Pediatrics. 2007 Oct;120(4):e1082-96.