Allergy to Gluten Incidence
Facts about celiac sprue:
- About 3 out of 10,000 people in the US develop celiac sprue each year.
- Celiac sprue may occur at any age.
- Celiac sprue is most common in children and middle-aged adults.
Continue to Allergy to Gluten Risk Factors
- Green PH, Jabri B. Celiac Disease. Annu Rev Med. 2005 Sep 7. 
- Hill ID, Dirks MH, Liptak GS, Colletti RB, Fasano A, Guandalini S, Hoffenberg EJ, Horvath K, Murray JA, Pivor M, Seidman EG; North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. Guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of celiac disease in children: recommendations of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2005 Jan;40(1):1-19. 
- Leffler D, Saha S, Farrell RJ. Celiac disease. Am J Manag Care. 2003 Dec;9(12):825-31. 
- Rossi T. Celiac disease. Adolesc Med Clin. 2004 Feb;15(1):91-103, ix.