Allergic Swelling Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of angioedema.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for allergies?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Allergic Swelling Specialist
- Baxi S, Dinakar C. Urticaria and angioedema. Immunol Allergy Clin North Am. 2005 May;25(2):353-67, vii. 
- Gompels MM, Lock RJ, Abinun M, Bethune CA, Davies G, Grattan C, Fay AC, Longhurst HJ, Morrison L, Price A, Price M, Watters D. C1 inhibitor deficiency: consensus document. Clin Exp Immunol. 2005 Mar;139(3):379-94. 
- Varadarajulu S. Urticaria and angioedema. Controlling acute episodes, coping with chronic cases. Postgrad Med. 2005 May;117(5):25-31. 
- Zuraw BL. Current and future therapy for hereditary angioedema. Clin Immunol. 2005 Jan;114(1):10-6.