Allergic Nasal Outlook
What to expect with allergic rhinitis:
- Allergic rhinitis tends to be a life-long illness.
- Most cases of allergic rhinitis improve with treatment.
- Seasonal symptoms are common.
- Allergy shots successfully reduce symptoms in about 80 percent of people who have allergic rhinitis.
Continue to Allergic Nasal Complications
- Arshad SH. Primary prevention of asthma and allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2005 Jul;116(1):3-14. 
- Busse WW: Mechanisms and advances in allergic diseases. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2000 Jun; 105(6 Pt 2): S593-8. 
- Meltzer EO, Szwarcberg J, Pill MW: Allergic rhinitis, asthma, and rhinosinusitis: diseases of the integrated airway. J Manag Care Pharm 2004 Jul-Aug; 10(4): 310-7. 
- Nielsen LP, Mygind N, Dahl R: Intranasal corticosteroids for allergic rhinitis: superior relief? Drugs 2001; 61(11): 1563-79. 
- Nimmagadda SR, Evans R 3rd: Allergy: etiology and epidemiology. Pediatr Rev 1999 Apr; 20(4): 111-5. 
- Veling MC, Trevino RJ: The treatment of allergic rhinitis with immunotherapy: a review of 1,000 cases. Ear Nose Throat J 2001 Aug; 80(8): 542-3.