Allergic Eye Irritation Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of allergic conjunctivitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- Do I need to change my diet?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for allergies?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Allergic Eye Irritation Specialist
- Bielory L, Lien KW, Bigelsen S. Efficacy and tolerability of newer antihistamines in the treatment of allergic conjunctivitis. Drugs. 2005;65(2):215-28. 
- Bonini S. Atopic keratoconjunctivitis. Allergy. 2004 Aug;59 Suppl 78:71-3. 
- Ono SJ, Abelson MB. Allergic conjunctivitis: update on pathophysiology and prospects for future treatment. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2005 Jan;115(1):118-22. 
- Stahl JL, Barney NP. Ocular allergic disease. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004 Oct;4(5):455-9.