Allergic Dermatitis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of allergic dermatitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- Do I need to change my diet?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for allergies?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Allergic Dermatitis Specialist
- Beltrani VS. Suggestions regarding a more appropriate understanding of atopic dermatitis. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2005 Oct;5(5):413-8. 
- Bussmann C, Bockenhoff A, Henke H, Werfel T, Novak N. Does allergen-specific immunotherapy represent a therapeutic option for patients with atopic dermatitis? J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006 Dec;118(6):1292-8. 
- Lynde C, Barber K, Claveau J, Gratton D, Ho V, Krafchik B, Langley R, Marcoux D, Murray E, Shear N. Canadian Practical Guide for the Treatment and Management of Atopic Dermatitis. J Cutan Med Surg. 2005 Jun 30. 
- Williams HC. Clinical practice. Atopic dermatitis. N Engl J Med. 2005 Jun 2;352(22):2314-24.