Allergic Asthma Theophylline
Theophylline medications open narrowed air passages in those who have asthma. This medication was used routinely for the treatment of asthma; however, other medications have largely replaced theophylline because if its side effects and toxicity. Theophylline blood levels must be maintained in a particular range, in order to avoid toxicity.
Medications that contain theophylline:
Continue to Allergic Asthma Questions For Doctor
- Chipps BE. Determinants of asthma and its clinical course. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2004 Oct;93(4):309-15. 
- de Marco R, Locatelli F, Cazzoletti L, Bugiani M, Carosso A, Marinoni A.. Incidence of asthma and mortality in a cohort of young adults: a 7-year prospective study. Respir Res. 2005 Aug 16;6(1):95. 
- Keeley D, McKean M. Asthma and other wheezing disorders of childhood. Clin Evid. 2003 Jun;(9):287-317. 
- Neidell MJ. Air pollution, health, and socio-economic status: the effect of outdoor air quality on childhood asthma. J Health Econ. 2004 Nov;23(6):1209-36. 
- Rees J. ABC of asthma. Prevalence. BMJ. 2005 Aug 20;331(7514):443-5. 
- Vallance G, Thomson NC. Asthma: ten myths debunked. Practitioner. 2004 Nov;248(1664):844-7.