Overview Symptoms liver failure Evaluation Treatment diet questions for doctor specialist Home Care anorexia liver diet vomiting warning signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Alcoholic Liver Disease Questions For Doctor
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for liver disease?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Alcoholic Liver Disease Specialist
PubMed Alcoholic Liver Disease References
- Haber PS, Warner R, Seth D, Gorrell MD, McCaughan GW. Pathogenesis and management of alcoholic hepatitis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2003 Dec;18(12):1332-44. 
- Madhotra R, Gilmore IT. Recent developments in the treatment of alcoholic hepatitis. QJM. 2003 Jun;96(6):391-400. 
- O'Shea RS, McCullough AJ. Treatment of alcoholic hepatitis. Clin Liver Dis. 2005 Feb;9(1):103-34. 
- Willner IR, Reuben A. Alcohol and the liver. Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2005 May;21(3):323-30.