Age Related Macular Degeneration Incidence
Facts about macular degeneration:
- About 1.7 million people in the US have macular degeneration.
- Macular degeneration occurs in one quarter of all men over the age of 75
- Macular degeneration occurs in one third of all women over the age of 75
Continue to Age Related Macular Degeneration Risk Factors
- Chakravarthy U, Stevenson M. Self-reported visual functioning and quality of life in age-related macular degeneration. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2005 Jun;16(3):179-83. 
- DeBlack SS. Cigarette smoking as a risk factor for cataract and age-related macular degeneration: a review of the literature. Optometry. 2003 Feb;74(2):99-110. 
- Liu M, Regillo CD. A review of treatments for macular degeneration: a synopsis of currently approved treatments and ongoing clinical trials. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2004 Jun;15(3):221-6. 
- Smith BT, Belani S, Ho AC. Light energy, cataract surgery, and progression of age-related macular degeneration. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2005 Jun;16(3):166-9.