Age Related Hearing Loss Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of presbycusis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Will I need a hearing aid?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Will I need to learn how to read lips?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complete hearing loss?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Age Related Hearing Loss Specialist
- Gordon-Salant S. Hearing loss and aging: new research findings and clinical implications. J Rehabil Res Dev. 2005 Jul-Aug;42(4 Suppl 2):9-24. 
- Liu XZ, Yan D. Ageing and hearing loss. J Pathol. 2007 Jan;211(2):188-97. 
- Van Eyken E, Van Camp G, Van Laer L. The complexity of age-related hearing impairment: contributing environmental and genetic factors. Audiol Neurootol. 2007;12(6):345-58. Epub 2007 Jul 27.