The following guidelines have been established by FreeMD.com to govern various aspects of Advertising. For these purposes, "Advertising and Advertisements" include banner, badge, contextual Advertising, Sponsored Content, and Promotions. These regulations govern issues such as acceptance of Advertisements and Promotions by FreeMD.com, the manner of display of Advertisements and Promotions on the FreeMD.com Site, and the removal of Advertisements and Promotions from the FreeMD.com Site. FreeMD.com has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other issues associated with Advertising on the FreeMD.com Site. FreeMD.com may change this policy at any time in its sole discretion by posting a revised policy to the FreeMD.com Site.
- FreeMD.com has sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed on the FreeMD.com Site, and under no circumstances shall FreeMD.com's acceptance of any Advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that manufactures, distributes, or promotes such product(s) or service(s).
- FreeMD.com will not accept Advertising that, in FreeMD.com's opinion, is not factually accurate and in good taste. FreeMD.com will not permit at any time the placement of any Advertising for illegal or objectionable products. Advertising must not contain fraudulent, deceptive, or offensive material, including material that misrepresents, ridicules, or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or handicap.
- Advertising must not be related to any of the following: alcohol, firearms, ammunition, fireworks, gambling, pornography, tobacco, or the simulation of news or an emergency.
- Advertisers must only offer products or services, which are readily available for purchase at the advertised price (with noted tax and delivery fees). The Advertising must also clearly identify the advertiser. Any Advertising that could be misconstrued as editorial content will be clearly labeled as Advertising. No Advertising may state or imply a commercial relationship with FreeMD.com.
- FreeMD.com recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between Advertising content and editorial and decision-making content. All Advertising content on the FreeMD.com Site shall be clearly and unambiguously identified as such, and FreeMD.com will not run any Advertising on the FreeMD.com Site that is not so identified. Clicking on the ad will link to an advertiser's site. FreeMD.com is not responsible for the content on the advertiser's site.
- FreeMD.com retains the exclusive right to determine the way in which any and all search results for specific information by keyword or topic are displayed on the FreeMD.com Site.
- FreeMD.com reserves the right to reject, cancel, or remove at any time any Advertising from the FreeMD.com Site for any reason and will provide prompt notice to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any Advertising. FreeMD.com also reserves the right to determine the appropriate placement of the Advertising on the FreeMD.com Site.
- It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to comply with all applicable domestic and foreign laws, including applicable laws and regulations of regulatory bodies. This includes pharmaceutical advertising to physicians and consumers that must be in compliance with FDA guidelines for Direct to Physician (DTP) and Direct to Consumer (DTC) advertising as well as underwritten CME programs that must be labeled in accordance with the guidelines of the Accrediting Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and any other relevant accrediting bodies. FreeMD.com will not monitor compliance with applicable laws and regulations. However, FreeMD.com reserves the right to review all Advertising for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and, if FreeMD.com becomes aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation or of these guidelines, FreeMD.com may remove the Advertising.
- No Advertising shall be permitted which may injure the good name or reputation of FreeMD.com or the FreeMD.com Site.