Adrenal Gland Failure Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of Addison's disease.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- Are my children at risk for this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Adrenal Gland Failure Specialist
- Baker JT. Adrenal disorders. A primary care approach. Lippincotts Prim Care Pract. 1997 Nov-Dec;1(5):527-36. 
- Don-Wauchope AC, Toft AD. Diagnosis and management of Addison's disease. Practitioner. 2000 Sep;244(1614):794-9. 
- Lin L, Achermann JC. The adrenal. Horm Res. 2004;62 Suppl 3:22-9. 
- Marzotti S, Falorni A. Addison's disease. Autoimmunity. 2004 Jun;37(4):333-6. 
- Perry CG, Connell JM. Key developments in endocrinology. Practitioner. 2003 Jul;247(1648):555, 558, 562.