Adjustment Disorder Treatment
A person with adjustment disorder usually responds well to treatment. Symptoms resolve within a few months. Mental health counseling is the most important treatment for adjustment disorder. Occasionally, medications may be required for depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts.
Treatment for adjustment disorder may include:
- Mental health counseling for adjustment disorder
- Crisis intervention counseling
- Family therapy for adjustment disorder
- Group therapy for adjustment disorder
For more information:
Adjustment Disorder Specialist
Continue to Adjustment Disorder Home Care
- Cassin SE, von Ranson KM. Personality and eating disorders: A decade in Clin Psychol Rev. 2005 Aug 12. 
- Gur S, Hermesh H, Laufer N, Gogol M, Gross-Isseroff R. Adjustment disorder: a review of diagnostic pitfalls. Isr Med Assoc J. 2005 Nov;7(11):726-31. 
- Johnson JG, Cohen P, Kasen S, Brook JS. Personality disorders evident by early adulthood and risk for anxiety disorders during middle adulthood. J Anxiety Disord. 2005 Jul 26. 
- Shedler J, Westen D: Refining personality disorder diagnosis: integrating science and practice. Am J Psychiatry 2004 Aug; 161(8): 1350-65.