What to expect with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder:
- The great majority of children who have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) continue to have symptoms as adults.
- Adults with ADHD may have difficulty maintaining employment and may have difficulty with relationships.
- They also have a higher risk for drug and alcohol addiction.
Continue to ADHD Complications
- Brassett-Harknett A, Butler N. Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: An overview of the etiology and a review of the literature relating to the correlates and lifecourse outcomes for men and women. Clin Psychol Rev. 2005 Aug 2. 
- Dunn DW, Kronenberger WG. Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents. Neurol Clin. 2003 Nov;21(4):933-40. 
- McClellan JM, Werry JS. Evidence-based treatments in child and adolescent psychiatry: an inventory. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2003 Dec;42(12):1388-400. 
- Pelham WE Jr, Fabiano GA, Massetti GM. Evidence-based assessment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents. J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol. 2005 Sep;34(3):449-76. 
- Pritchard D. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children. Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):266-79.