Adenomyosis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of adenomyosis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Adenomyosis Specialist
- Devlieger R, D'Hooghe T, Timmerman D. Uterine adenomyosis in the infertility clinic. Hum Reprod Update. 2003 Mar-Apr;9(2):139-47. 
- Elsheikh A, Milingos S, Loutradis D, Kallipolitis G, Michalas S. Endometriosis and reproductive disorders. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003 Nov;997:247-54. 
- Matalliotakis IM, Kourtis AI, Panidis DK. Adenomyosis. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2003 Mar;30(1):63-82, viii.