Adenocarcinoma of the Stomach Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of gastric carcinoma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- Are my children at risk for this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Adenocarcinoma of the Stomach Specialist
- Kelley JR, Duggan JM. Gastric cancer epidemiology and risk factors. J Clin Epidemiol. 2003 Jan;56(1):1-9. 
- Menaker RJ, Sharaf AA, Jones NL. Helicobacter pylori infection and gastric cancer: host, bug, environment, or all three? Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2004 Dec;6(6):429-35. 
- Shang J, Pena AS. Multidisciplinary approach to understand the pathogenesis of gastric cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2005 Jul 21;11(27):4131-9. 
- Sullivan T, Ashbury FD, Fallone CA, Naja F, Schabas R, Hebert PC, Hunt R, Jones N. Helicobacter pylori and the prevention of gastric cancer. Can J Gastroenterol. 2004 May;18(5):295-302.