Adenocarcinoma of the Stomach Incidence
Facts about gastric carcinoma:
- Stomach cancers are the third most common form of gastrointestinal cancer in the United States.
- There are about 22,000 new cases of gastric cancer each year in the U.S.
- Roughly 14,000 die from gastric cancer each year.
- Cancer of the stomach is rare in those under 20 years of age
- Gastric cancer is most common in men over 50.
- Gastric cancer is twice as common in males
Continue to Adenocarcinoma of the Stomach Risk Factors
- Kelley JR, Duggan JM. Gastric cancer epidemiology and risk factors. J Clin Epidemiol. 2003 Jan;56(1):1-9. 
- Menaker RJ, Sharaf AA, Jones NL. Helicobacter pylori infection and gastric cancer: host, bug, environment, or all three? Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2004 Dec;6(6):429-35. 
- Shang J, Pena AS. Multidisciplinary approach to understand the pathogenesis of gastric cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2005 Jul 21;11(27):4131-9. 
- Sullivan T, Ashbury FD, Fallone CA, Naja F, Schabas R, Hebert PC, Hunt R, Jones N. Helicobacter pylori and the prevention of gastric cancer. Can J Gastroenterol. 2004 May;18(5):295-302.