Acute Urethral Syndrome Symptoms
Symptoms of urethral syndrome include:
- Increased urinary frequency
- Constant urge to urinate
- Difficulty starting the flow of urine
- Decreased flow of urine:
- Weak urine stream
- Pain during urination
- Lower abdominal pain
The above symptoms may be relieved after urinating, but in some cases, the symptoms remain and the bladder feels full after urinating.
Continue to Acute Urethral Syndrome Evaluation
- Haarala M, Kiilholma P, Lehtonen OP. Urinary bacterial flora of women with urethral syndrome and interstitial cystitis. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 1999;47(1):42-4. 
- Mutlu B, Mutlu N, Yucesoy G. The incidence of Chlamydia trachomatis in women with urethral syndrome. Int J Clin Pract. 2001 Oct;55(8):525-6. 
- Skerk V, Schonwald S, Krhen I, Rusinovic M, Strapac Z, Vukovic J. Azithromycin and doxycycline in the treatment of female patients with acute urethral syndrome caused by Ureaplasma urealyticum: significance of duration of clinical symptoms. Drugs Exp Clin Res. 2001;27(4):135-9.