Acute Pancreatitis Outlook
What to expect with pancreatitis:
- About 90 percent of cases of pancreatitis resolve with little treatment.
- About 3 percent of those with pancreatitis die from the disease.
Continue to Acute Pancreatitis Complications
- Enns R, Baillie J. Review article: the treatment of acute biliary pancreatitis. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 1999 Nov;13(11):1379-89. 
- McArthur KE. Review article: drug-induced pancreatitis. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 1996 Feb;10(1):23-38. 
- Stevens T, Conwell DL, Zuccaro G. Pathogenesis of chronic pancreatitis: an evidence-based review of past theories and recent developments. Am J Gastroenterol. 2004 Nov;99(11):2256-70.