Acute Nephritis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of acute glomerulonephritis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Acute Nephritis Specialist
- Coppo R, Amore A. New perspectives in treatment of glomerulonephritis. Pediatr Nephrol. 2004 Mar;19(3):256-65. 
- Del Mar CB, Glasziou PP, Spinks AB. Antibiotics for sore throat. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004;(2):CD000023. 
- Francis RS, Tomson CR. A GP guide to glomerulonephritis. Practitioner. 2004 Nov;248(1664):848-55. 
- Hahn RG, Knox LM, Forman TA. Evaluation of poststreptococcal illness. Am Fam Physician. 2005 May 15;71(10):1949-54. 
- Lau KK, Wyatt RJ. Glomerulonephritis. Adolesc Med Clin. 2005 Feb;16(1):67-85. 
- Vinen CS, Oliveira DB. Acute glomerulonephritis. Postgrad Med J. 2003 Apr;79(930):206-13.