Acute Myocarditis Treatment
Treatment for myocarditis depends on the severity of the symptoms. Treatment usually includes cardiac monitoring, oxygen therapy, intravenous fluids, blood pressure monitoring, and fluid restriction. Medications used to treat myocarditis include beta-blockers, aspirin, nitrates, diuretics, digoxin, and ACE inhibitors.
Treatment options for myocarditis include:
- Cardiac monitoring
- Oxygen therapy
- Intravenous fluids
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Fluid restriction
- Elastic support stockings
- Exercise plan developed with your doctor.
- Stop smoking.
- Low sodium diet
- Avoid alcohol
Medications for myocarditis include:
Acute Myocarditis Specialist
Continue to Acute Myocarditis Home Care
- Brodison A, Swann JW. Myocarditis: a review. J Infect. 1998 Sep;37(2):99-103. 
- Hia CP, Yip WC, Tai BC, Quek SC. Immunosuppressive therapy in acute myocarditis: an 18 year systematic review. Arch Dis Child. 2004 Jun;89(6):580-4.