Acute Gastritis Prevention
Prevention of gastritis include:
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke.
- Eat a high fiber diet
- Avoid food that irritates your stomach.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid caffeine.
- Avoid aspirin.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain
- Eat small meals more frequently.
Continue to Acute Gastritis Outlook
- Caletti G, Fusaroli P, Tucci A, Fedrigo M, Bettini G, Roda E. Severe acute gastritis associated with Helicobacter pylori infection. Dig Liver Dis. 2000 Jan-Feb;32(1):34-8. 
- Genta RM. Review article: after gastritis--an imaginary journey into a Helicobacter-free world. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2002 Jul;16 Suppl 4:89-94. 
- Harford WV, Barnett C, Lee E, Perez-Perez G, Blaser MJ, Peterson WL. Acute gastritis with hypochlorhydria: report of 35 cases with long term follow up. Gut. 2000 Oct;47(4):467-72.