Acute Dystonic Reaction Outlook
What to expect with an acute dystonic reaction:
- Acute dystonic reactions resolve with treatment.
Continue to Acute Dystonic Reaction Underlying Cause
- Altamura AC, Sassella F, Santini A, Montresor C, Fumagalli S, Mundo E. Intramuscular preparations of antipsychotics: uses and relevance in clinical practice. Drugs. 2003;63(5):493-512. 
- Barach E, Dubin LM, Tomlanovich MC, Kottamasu S. Dystonia presenting as upper airway obstruction. J Emerg Med. 1989 May-Jun;7(3):237-40. 
- Leary PM. Adverse reactions in children. Special considerations in prevention and management. Drug Safety. 1991 May-Jun;6(3):171-82. 
- Raja M, Azzoni A. Novel antipsychotics and acute dystonic reactions. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2001 Dec;4(4):393-7. 
- Raja M. Managing antipsychotic-induced acute and tardive dystonia. Drug Saf. 1998 Jul;19(1):57-72.