Acute Demyelinating Polyneuropathy Incidence
Facts about Guillain-Barre syndrome:
- Guillain-Barre syndrome occurs in about 12 out of 1 million people each year in the US.
- There are about 3,500 cases per year in the United States and Canada.
- In over two-thirds of cases, a viral infection precedes the onset of the disease by 1-3 weeks.
Continue to Acute Demyelinating Polyneuropathy Symptoms
- Awong IE, Dandurand KR, Keeys CA, Maung-Gyi FA: Drug-associated Guillain-Barre syndrome: a literature review. Ann Pharmacother 1996 Feb; 30(2): 173-80. 
- Hughes RA, Wijdicks EF, Benson E, Cornblath DR, Hahn AF, Meythaler JM, Sladky JT, Barohn RJ, Stevens JC; Multidisciplinary Consensus Group. Supportive care for patients with guillain-barre syndrome. Arch Neurol. 2005 Aug;62(8):1194-8. 
- van Doorn PA. Treatment of Guillain-Barre syndrome and CIDP. J Peripher Nerv Syst. 2005 Jun;10(2):113-27.