Acute Cholangitis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of cholangitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Acute Cholangitis Specialist
- Bergquist A, Broome U. Clinical features in primary sclerosing cholangitis. Clin Liver Dis. 1998 May;2(2):283-301, viii. 
- Gossard AA, Angulo P, Lindor KD. Secondary sclerosing cholangitis: a comparison to primary sclerosing cholangitis. Am J Gastroenterol. 2005 Jun;100(6):1330-3. 
- Pall H, Jonas MM. Pediatric hepatobiliary disease. Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2005 May;21(3):344-7.