Acute Bronchitis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of bronchitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Acute Bronchitis Specialist
- Aagaard E, Gonzales R. Management of acute bronchitis in healthy adults. Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2004 Dec;18(4):919-37; x. 
- Harris RH, MacKenzie TD, Leeman-Castillo B: Optimizing antibiotic prescribing for acute respiratory tract infections in an urban urgent care clinic. J Gen Intern Med 2003 May; 18(5): 326-34. 
- Panpanich R, Lerttrakarnnon P, Laopaiboon M. Azithromycin for acute lower respiratory tract infections. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004 Oct 18;(4):CD001954. 
- Smucny J, Fahey T, Becker L: Antibiotics for acute bronchitis (Cochrane Review). Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2000; 4: CD000245. 
- Wark P. Bronchitis (acute). Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):1844-52.