Prevention of actinomycosis includes:
- Maintain good oral hygiene:
- Brush your teeth after meals and at bedtime.
- Floss your teeth every day.
- Women with an IUD should notify the doctor for an abnormal vaginal discharge.
Continue to Actinomycosis Outlook
- Felz MW, Smith MR. Disseminated actinomycosis: multisystem mimicry in primary care. South Med J. 2003 Mar;96(3):294-9. 
- Funke G, von Graevenitz A: Infections due to Actinomyces neuii (former "CDC coryneform group 1" bacteria). Infection 1995 Mar-Apr; 23(2): 73-5. 
- Smego RA Jr, Foglia G: Actinomycosis. Clin Infect Dis 1998 Jun; 26(6): 1255-61. 
- Sudhakar SS, Ross JJ. Short-term treatment of actinomycosis: two cases and aClin Infect Dis. 2004 Feb 1;38(3):444-7.