Actinic Keratosis Incidence
Facts about actinic keratosis:
- Actinic keratosis is much more common in those who live in the southern US.
- Actinic keratosis occurs in those who are over 40 years old.
- Actinic keratosis is more common in males than in females.
- Actinic keratosis is more common in blondes and redheads.
- Actinic keratosis is rare in African Americans.
Continue to Actinic Keratosis Risk Factors
- Del Rosso JQ. New and emerging topical approaches for actinic keratoses. Cutis. 2003 Oct;72(4):273-6, 279. 
- Jorizzo JL, Carney PS, Ko WT, Robins P, Weinkle SH, Werschler WP. Treatment options in the management of actinic keratosis. Cutis. 2004 Dec;74(6 Suppl):9-17. 
- Spencer JM, Hazan C, Hsiung SH, Robins P. Therapeutic decision making in the therapy of actinic keratoses. J Drugs Dermatol. 2005 May-Jun;4(3):296-301. 
- Yu TC, Rahman Z, Ross BS. Actinic keratoses--surgical and physical therapeutic modalities. Cutis. 2003 May;71(5):381-4.