Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Actinic Keratosis Evaluation
- Skin lesions on areas that have been exposed the sun
- Located in areas exposed to the sun
- Usually flat
- Rough or scaly
- Red or brown color
- May be firm
Testing is usually not required to make the diagnosis of actinic keratosis.
Tests that may be used to evaluate actinic keratosis include:
Continue to Actinic Keratosis Treatment
PubMed Actinic Keratosis References
- Del Rosso JQ. New and emerging topical approaches for actinic keratoses. Cutis. 2003 Oct;72(4):273-6, 279. 
- Jorizzo JL, Carney PS, Ko WT, Robins P, Weinkle SH, Werschler WP. Treatment options in the management of actinic keratosis. Cutis. 2004 Dec;74(6 Suppl):9-17. 
- Spencer JM, Hazan C, Hsiung SH, Robins P. Therapeutic decision making in the therapy of actinic keratoses. J Drugs Dermatol. 2005 May-Jun;4(3):296-301. 
- Yu TC, Rahman Z, Ross BS. Actinic keratoses--surgical and physical therapeutic modalities. Cutis. 2003 May;71(5):381-4.