Abused Spouse Treatment
Treatment for domestic abuse may include:
- Care for injuries
- Collection of evidence for domestic abuse
- Safe environment for domestic abuse
- Safety plan for domestic abuse
- Provide shelter for domestic abuse
- Notify authorities of domestic abuse
- Social services for domestic abuse
- Counseling for domestic abuse
The most important step is for the victim to acknowledge you are a victim of abuse, and then decide that you are going to do something about it. You may need to relocate to a women's shelter, or the home of a friend or relative. All states have 24-hour domestic violence shelters and hotlines, set up to provide direction for victims.
Continue to Abused Spouse Warning Signs
- Director TD, Linden JA. Domestic violence: an approach to identification and intervention. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2004 Nov;22(4):1117-32. 
- Tolan P, Gorman-Smith D, Henry D. Family Violence. Annu Rev Psychol. 2005 Aug 31. 
- Worden AP, Carlson BE. Attitudes and Beliefs About Domestic Violence: Results of a Public Opinion Survey: II. Beliefs About Causes. J Interpers Violence. 2005 Oct;20(10):1219-43. 
- Yost NP, Bloom SL, McIntire DD, Leveno KJ. A prospective observational study of domestic violence during pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol. 2005 Jul;106(1):61-5.