Absent Periods Incidence
Facts about amenorrhea:
- About 2-5 percent of women have episodes of amenorrhea at some time in their life.
Continue to Absent Periods Symptoms
- Goodman LR, Warren MP. The female athlete and menstrual function. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2005 Oct;17(5):466-70. 
- Hoffman B, Bradshaw KD. Delayed puberty and amenorrhea. Semin Reprod Med. 2003 Nov;21(4):353-62. 
- Timmreck LS, Reindollar RH. Contemporary issues in primary amenorrhea. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2003 Jun;30(2):287-302. 
- Van der Wijden C, Kleijnen J, Van den Berk T. Lactational amenorrhea for family planning. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2003;(4):CD001329.