Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care pain control warning signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause
Abscess Pilonidal Evaluation
- Redness of the skin between the buttocks
- Tender lump under the skin between the buttocks
- Swollen lump under the skin between the buttocks
- Pus draining from the lump between the buttocks
Tests are not necessary to make the diagnosis of pilonidal abscess.
Tests that may be used to evaluate a pilonidal abscess include:
Continue to Abscess Pilonidal Treatment
PubMed Abscess Pilonidal References
- Comparison between three therapeutic modalities for non-complicated pilonidal sinus disease. Surgeon. 2005 Apr;3(2):73-7. 
- Gupta PJ. A randomized study between excision and marsupialization and radiofrequency sinus excision in sacro-coccygeal pilonidal disease. Curr Surg. 2004 May-Jun;61(3):307-12. 
- Landa N, Aller O, Landa-Gundin N, Torrontegui J, Azpiazu JL. Successful treatment of recurrent pilonidal sinus with laser epilation. Dermatol Surg. 2005 Jun;31(6):726-8.