Abscess Furuncle Outlook
What to expect with a furuncle:
- Most small, draining furuncles resolve within 2 weeks and eventually heal without treatment.
- With treatment, most large furuncles resolve within 10 days.
Continue to Abscess Furuncle Complications
- Hedrick J. Acute bacterial skin infections in pediatric medicine: current issues in presentation and treatment. Paediatr Drugs. 2003;5 Suppl 1:35-46. 
- Laube S, Farrell AM. Bacterial skin infections in the elderly: diagnosis and treatment. Drugs Aging. 2002;19(5):331-42. 
- Winthrop KL, Abrams M, Yakrus M, Schwartz I, Ely J, Gillies D, Vugia DJ. An outbreak of mycobacterial furunculosis associated with footbaths at a nail salon. N Engl J Med. 2002 May 2;346(18):1366-71.