Abscess Breast Outlook
What to expect with a breast abscess:
- Complete healing can be expected in 8 to 10 days.
- A small scar is usually present after an abscess heals.
Continue to Abscess Breast Complications
- Khoda J, Lantsberg L, Yegev Y, and Sebbag G: Management of periareolar abscess and mamillary fistula. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1992 Oct; 175(4): 306-8. 
- Meguid MM, Oler A, Numann PJ, Khan S: Pathogenesis-based treatment of recurring subareolar breast abscesses. Surgery 1995 Oct; 118(4): 775-82. 
- Norlock FE. Benign breast pain in women: a practical approach to evaluation and treatment. J Am Med Womens Assoc. 2002 Spring;57(2):85-90. 
- O'Hara RJ, Dexter SP, Fox JN: Conservative management of infective mastitis and breast abscesses after ultrasonographic assessment. Br J Surg 1996 Oct; 83(10): 1413-4. 
- Versluijs-Ossewaarde FN, Roumen RM, Goris RJ. Subareolar breast abscesses: characteristics and results of surgical treatment. Breast J. 2005 May-Jun;11(3):179-82.