Abruption Placenta Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of placental abruption.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Will I need a Cesarean section?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having a placental abruption again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Abruption Placenta Specialist
- Hladky K, Yankowitz J, Hansen WF. Placental abruption. Obstet Gynecol Surv. 2002 May;57(5):299-305. 
- Kayani SI, Walkinshaw SA, Preston C. Pregnancy outcome in severe placental abruption. BJOG. 2003 Jul;110(7):679-83. 
- Neilson JP. Interventions for treating placental abruption. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2003;(1):CD003247.