Abrasion to the Cornea Prevention
Prevention of a corneal abrasion includes:
- Avoid exposure to dust and particles in the air.
- Wear protective lenses during sports.
- Wear safety glasses during work.
Continue to Abrasion to the Cornea Outlook
- McGwin G Jr, Owsley C. Incidence of emergency department-treated eye injury in the United States. Arch Ophthalmol. 2005 May;123(5):662-6. 
- McGwin G Jr, Xie A, Owsley C. Rate of eye injury in the United States. Arch Ophthalmol. 2005 Jul;123(7):970-6. 
- Michael JG, Hug D, Dowd MD. Management of corneal abrasion in children: a randomized clinical trial. Ann Emerg Med. 2002 Jul;40(1):67-72. 
- Weaver CS, Terrell KM. Evidence-based emergency medicine. Update: do ophthalmic nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs reduce the pain associated with simple corneal abrasion without delaying healing? Ann Emerg Med. 2003 Jan;41(1):134-40.