Abnormal Nervousness Panic Attacks
Panic attacks cause sudden severe episodes of anxiety for no clear reason. Panic attacks usually cause hyperventilation. Those who suffer from panic attacks are usually completely calm in between attacks.
Common symptoms of panic attacks with hyperventilation include:
- Severe anxiety
- Breathing more than 30 breaths per minute
- Tingling around the mouth
- Tingling in the fingers and the hands
Hyperventilation can lead to:
Continue to Abnormal Nervousness Phobias
- Bernstein GA, Shaw K: Practice parameters for the assessment of children and adolescents with anxiety disorders. American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 1997; 36 (10 Suppl): 69S-84S. 
- Christmas DM, Hood SD. Recent developments in anxiety disorders. Recent Patents CNS Drug Discov. 2006 Nov;1(3):289-98. Review. 
- Denys D, de Geus F. Predictors of pharmacotherapy response in anxiety disorders. Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2005 Aug;7(4):252-7. 
- Gale C, Oakley-Browne M. Generalised anxiety disorder. Clin Evid. 2004 Jun;(11):1302-18. 
- Michael Kaplan E, DuPont RL. Benzodiazepines and anxiety disorders: a review for the practicing physician. Curr Med Res Opin. 2005 Jun;21(6):941-50.