Abnormal Nervousness Overview
Another name for Abnormal Nervousness is Anxiety Disorder.
What is anxiety disorder?
A person with anxiety disorder has constant worry, or fear, that interferes with normal daily activities. Anxiety can be a normal response to stress, conflict or danger.
What are the symptoms of anxiety disorder?
Anxiety disorder can cause physical symptoms, such as palpitations, chest pain or shortness of breath.
How does the doctor treat anxiety disorder?
Anxiety disorder is often treated with a combination of medications and psychological counseling.
Continue to Abnormal Nervousness Incidence
- Bernstein GA, Shaw K: Practice parameters for the assessment of children and adolescents with anxiety disorders. American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 1997; 36 (10 Suppl): 69S-84S. 
- Christmas DM, Hood SD. Recent developments in anxiety disorders. Recent Patents CNS Drug Discov. 2006 Nov;1(3):289-98. Review. 
- Denys D, de Geus F. Predictors of pharmacotherapy response in anxiety disorders. Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2005 Aug;7(4):252-7. 
- Gale C, Oakley-Browne M. Generalised anxiety disorder. Clin Evid. 2004 Jun;(11):1302-18. 
- Michael Kaplan E, DuPont RL. Benzodiazepines and anxiety disorders: a review for the practicing physician. Curr Med Res Opin. 2005 Jun;21(6):941-50.