Abnormal Hepatic Function Liver Disease Diet
Liver Disease Diet
A hepatitis diet includes:
- High carbohydrate intake:
- Bread, pasta and grains
- The increased carbohydrate helps in preserving the protein in the body and prevent muscle wasting.
- Moderate to high fat intake:
- The increased fat helps in preserving the protein in the body and prevent muscle wasting.
- Restrict protein:
- 1 gram of protein per kilogram (2 pounds) of body weight per day.
- Restrict salt:
- Particularly when there are problems with abdominal swelling or leg swelling
- No more than 2 grams per day.
- Take vitamin B supplements, particularly B complex vitamins:
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (niacin)
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)
- Vitamin B12 (cobalamin)
- Do not take vitamin A supplements
- Avoid foods that are rich in vitamin A:
- Egg yolks
- Dairy products
- Fish oil
Continue to Abnormal Hepatic Function Taking Control