Abnormal Anxiety Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of anxiety disorder.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for stress?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Abnormal Anxiety Specialist
- Bernstein GA, Shaw K: Practice parameters for the assessment of children and adolescents with anxiety disorders. American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 1997; 36 (10 Suppl): 69S-84S. 
- Christmas DM, Hood SD. Recent developments in anxiety disorders. Recent Patents CNS Drug Discov. 2006 Nov;1(3):289-98. Review. 
- Denys D, de Geus F. Predictors of pharmacotherapy response in anxiety disorders. Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2005 Aug;7(4):252-7. 
- Gale C, Oakley-Browne M. Generalised anxiety disorder. Clin Evid. 2004 Jun;(11):1302-18. 
- Michael Kaplan E, DuPont RL. Benzodiazepines and anxiety disorders: a review for the practicing physician. Curr Med Res Opin. 2005 Jun;21(6):941-50.