Abnormal Anxiety Evaluation
An evaluation for an anxiety disorder begins with a medical history and physical examination. Severe symptoms may require an evaluation by a mental health professional.
The physical exam is usually normal in someone with an anxiety disorder.
Occasionally, tests may be performed to look for other conditions that cause anxiety.
Tests that may be used to evaluate anxiety disorder include:
Continue to Abnormal Anxiety Treatment
- Bernstein GA, Shaw K: Practice parameters for the assessment of children and adolescents with anxiety disorders. American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 1997; 36 (10 Suppl): 69S-84S. 
- Christmas DM, Hood SD. Recent developments in anxiety disorders. Recent Patents CNS Drug Discov. 2006 Nov;1(3):289-98. Review. 
- Denys D, de Geus F. Predictors of pharmacotherapy response in anxiety disorders. Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2005 Aug;7(4):252-7. 
- Gale C, Oakley-Browne M. Generalised anxiety disorder. Clin Evid. 2004 Jun;(11):1302-18. 
- Michael Kaplan E, DuPont RL. Benzodiazepines and anxiety disorders: a review for the practicing physician. Curr Med Res Opin. 2005 Jun;21(6):941-50.