Abdominal Pain due to Endometriosis Heavy Periods
- Avoid caffeine and chocolate.
- Rest in bed when the pain is severe.
- Stop smoking
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain
- Acetaminophen for pain
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Practice relaxation techniques.
- Switch to sanitary napkins or pads if you are currently using tampons.
- A warm bath, hot water bottle, or heating pad placed on the lower abdomen may help relieve discomfort.
- Take prescribed medications as directed.
Continue to Abdominal Pain due to Endometriosis Pain Control
- Moore J, Copley S, Morris J, Lindsell D, Golding S, Kennedy S. A systematic review of the accuracy of ultrasound in the diagnosis of endometriosis. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2002 Dec;20(6):630-4. 
- Schroder AK, Diedrich K, Ludwig M. Medical management of endometriosis: a systematic review. IDrugs. 2004 May;7(5):451-63. 
- Wykes CB, Clark TJ, Khan KS. Accuracy of laparoscopy in the diagnosis of endometriosis: a systematic quantitative review. BJOG. 2004 Nov;111(11):1204-12.