Abdominal Hernia Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of ventral hernia.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for another ventral hernia?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Abdominal Hernia Specialist
- Abir F, Eisenberg D, Bell R. Laparoscopic ventral hernia repair using a two (5-mm) port technique. JSLS. 2005 Jan-Mar;9(1):94-6. 
- Courtney CA, Lee AC, Wilson C, O'Dwyer PJ. Ventral hernia repair: a study of current practice. Hernia. 2003 Mar;7(1):44-6. 
- Franklin ME Jr, Gonzalez JJ Jr, Glass JL, Manjarrez A. Laparoscopic ventral and incisional hernia repair: an 11-year experience. Hernia. 2004 Feb;8(1):23-7. 
- Morales-Conde S. Laparoscopic ventral hernia repair: advances and limitations. Semin Laparosc Surg. 2004 Sep;11(3):191-200. 
- Sanchez LJ, Bencini L, Moretti R. Recurrences after laparoscopic ventral hernia repair: results and critical review. Hernia. 2004 May;8(2):138-43.