Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Angiography
Angiography is an imaging technique that may be used to evaluate the aorta. Dye is injected into the aorta, and an x-ray is used to show the flow of dye through the aorta. In someone with an abdominal aortic aneurysm, the dye shows an outline of an enlarged aorta.
Continue to Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm CT Scan
- Ailawadi G, Eliason JL, Upchurch GR Jr: Current concepts in the pathogenesis of abdominal aortic aneurysm. J Vasc Surg 2003 Sep; 38(3): 584-8. 
- Fleming C, Whitlock EP, Beil TL, Lederle FA. Screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm: a best-evidence systematic review for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Ann Intern Med. 2005 Feb 1;142(3):203-11. 
- Isselbacher EM. Thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms. Circulation. 2005 Feb 15;111(6):816-28. 
- Lyon C, Clark DC. Diagnosis of acute abdominal pain in older patients. Am Fam Physician. 2006 Nov 1;74(9):1537-44. 
- Sakalihasan N, Limet R, Defawe OD. Abdominal aortic aneurysm. Lancet. 2005 Apr 30-May 6;365(9470):1577-89.